Thanks for your interest in becoming an EmpowHERment Mentee!
EmpowHERment provides one-on-one mentorship and activities dedicated to helping girls define, develop and defend their voices as leaders. 9th-grade girls in Charlotte-Mecklenburg area schools are eligible to apply for our mentoring program. Only completed applications will be reviewed.
The 2017 application deadline has been extended to for 6 more applicants. Please complete your application HERE.
- Applications accepted from Charlotte-Mecklenburg area schools girls in 9th grade (other high school grades will be considered based on mentor availability)
- Demonstrates leadership interest and potential – must complete essay and application
- Has support from a parent/guardian to fulfill mentorship commitment
- Attends annual EmpowHERment Summit – September 17, 2016 attendees get priority matching for 2017 matches
- Commits to serving as a peer-leader for empowHERment in their school and community
- Must be able to participate in 90% of monthly Leadership Academy events during the 3rd Saturday of each month from 2-4pm
- Commit to spending at least 4 hours per month with their assigned one-on-one woman mentor (in-person, text, email, phone or virtual)